22 - 24 June, 2014
Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre, London, United Kingdom
07:30 - 08:10 Breakfast & Registration in the Benjamin Britten Lounge
08:10 - 08:20 Chairperson's Opening AddressAnthony Citrano - VP of Marketing and Communications edgeCast
Anthony CitranoVP of Marketing and Communications
08:20 - 09:00 Building For Mobile First: How Do You Prioritise What To Include On Mobile Vs. Tablet Vs. Online?Violaine Muras - Head of Digital Commerce Avenue 32 Joel Rendle - Head of Multichannel Retail Bettys Andrew Gilboy - VP EMEA Demandware
More than ever before, consumers are moving between different media channels, platforms and devices to get the most out of their time. According to Google, over 90% of people switch between digital devices in order to accomplish tasks. What additional data does this provide? Takeaways include:
• Knowing what to keep from the print medium and what to leave behind when designing digital mobile products
• Thinking responsively. Designing for all devices, including those that don't exist yet!
• What are the top features & functionalities to focus on for each device type?
o How will that shift in the next 2-3 years?• The year of the mobile has been – and continues. Huge growth in mobile usage provides even more data but how do we understand how mobile changes customer behavior?
• Customers are using multiple devices and visiting sites more frequently – how do retailers adapt to this?
• How far can you push personalisation without creating a disjointed customer journey?
• What we still can't do yet
Violaine MurasHead of Digital Commerce
Joel RendleHead of Multichannel Retail
Andrew GilboyVP EMEA
09:00 - 09:25 Personalisation: Using Data Mining And Predictive Analytics To Measure & Learn From Mobile Data, As Well As Integrate With Other ChannelsIlan Benhaim - Co-Founder & Executive Partner Vente-Privee
Ilan BenhaimCo-Founder & Executive Partner
09:25 - 09:50 Consumers are going mobile – are you?Jon Lord - UK Commerce Director Criteo Marc Thomas - Head of Retail Criteo
Jon LordUK Commerce Director
Marc ThomasHead of Retail
09:50 - 10:15 Discovering How To Create A Highly Personal Online Experience Beyond Just RecommendationsMartin Newman - Chief Executive Officer Founder Practicology
Martin NewmanChief Executive Officer Founder
10:15 - 10:40 Innovating Analytics: Gaining a Competitive Advantage in a Customer-Driven WorldEric Feinberg - Senior Director, Product Strategy Answers Cloud Services
Retailers are facing tremendous challenges as they try to navigate through today’s customer-driven landscape. As this generation of multi-channel, multi-device consumers’ expectations and technological capabilities continue to evolve so too must the analytics used to measure the experiences they have with companies.
Answers Cloud Services Senior Director of Product Strategy, Eric Feinberg, will discuss the need for a comprehensive system of metrics that eliminates metric silos to better support today’s consumer and measurement reality. He will explain how this new generation of predictive customer experience analytics can be a strategic asset and help increase the velocity of growth for retail businesses.
What You’ll Learn:
• How to connect the dots between what an anonymous
visitor does online or in mobile…and connect that intent to what actually
happens in the store or online at a later date
• What the next generation of
Customer Experience Analytics is and how it will help you better understand the
• How predictive customer experience analytics can help you manage your business more effectively and how to take Net Promoter Score to the next level
Eric FeinbergSenior Director, Product Strategy
Answers Cloud Services
10:40 - 10:50 Mobile is Not for Browsing, It's For Buying--Klarna Checkout Increases Conversion by 44%Niklas Adalberth - Deputy CEO and Board Member Klarna
Niklas AdalberthDeputy CEO and Board Member
10:50 - 11:20 Morning Networking Break In The Benjamin Britton Lounge
TRACK A: Mobile & Tablet Summit11:20 - 11:21 Chairperson's Opening Remarks John Trowell - Marketing & Merchandising, UK Business Manager IBM
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit11:21 - 11:50 Building For The Future: How And Why River Island.Com Went Responsive Helen Colclough - Ecommerce Development Manager River Island Jamaal John - Senior Digital Design Manager River Island
• How River Island.com innovates in development
• The key considerations for their Responsive site
• What they learned along the way
• Project outcomes
Helen ColcloughEcommerce Development Manager
Jamaal JohnSenior Digital Design Manager
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit11:21 - 11:50 Groundbreaking Data Strategy: How To Collaborate With Partners To Monetize Customer Insights & Analytics Fred Prego - Insight and Reward Director Game.co.uk
Fred PregoInsight and Reward Director
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit11:50 - 12:20 UX Best Practices for Mobile and Tablet Carin van Vuuren - Chief Marketing Officer Usablenet
Carin van VuurenChief Marketing Officer
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit11:50 - 12:20 Become a Real-Time Retailer: How to Use Personalisation as your Future Growth Strategy Graham Cooke - Managing Director and Founder Qubit Tim Stacey - On Line and Business Development Director DFS Furniture
In this presentation, Qubit CEO Graham Cooke teams up with On Line and Business Development Director Tim Stacey of DFS Furniture. Together they’ll explain the practical steps needed to deliver personalisation in real-time, from data collection and processing to finding insights and having the right team behind you. Tim will offer first hand case studies of how DFS approaches their conversion optimisation strategy, illustrating with rich examples. Expect a highly visual presentation peppered with research, video and practical inspiration for immediate use in your business.
Graham CookeManaging Director and Founder
Tim StaceyOn Line and Business Development Director
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit11:50 - 12:20 Adobe Case Study With Retail Client Jamie Brighton - Strategic Marketing EMEA, Marketing Cloud Adobe
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit12:20 - 12:50 FIRE-SIDE CHAT: Migrating From Non Responsive To Responsive Sites Natalie Thng - Head of E-Commerce Temperley London
• Most people have a mobile site, what is the role of responsive sites? Can we get rid of the mobile site?
• Apps are often out of sync of mobile web experience. How do you create consistency of features & experience between the two?
• Content management- how can responsive help me deliver a single set of content intelligently across devices?
• Getting to grips with break points- what is the best approach there?
Natalie ThngHead of E-Commerce
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit12:20 - 12:50 John Lewis - Our Journey to Omni-Channel Retailing Julian Burnett - Head of IT Architecture and Business Process Unit John Lewis
Julian BurnettHead of IT Architecture and Business Process Unit
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit12:20 - 12:50 Understanding The Latest Development In Key Areas Of Digital Marketing To Engage Customers & Drive Traffic Kate Simon - Group Marketing Director blinkbox by Tesco
- Personalisation & relevancy
- Content marketing & data
Kate SimonGroup Marketing Director
blinkbox by Tesco
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit12:50 - 13:00 IBM Innovation Spotlight John Trowell - Marketing & Merchandising, UK Business Manager IBM
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit13:00 - 13:30 Discovering How To Link Online, Offline, Social & Other Data Together In Your CRM To Create Automated One On One Conversation Ryan Davies - Head of Loyalty & CRM Mothercare
Building on his presentation from last year, Ryan will share how far Mothercare has come in their journey and how their reformed data strategy has resulted in a far more personalised customer experience.
Ryan DaviesHead of Loyalty & CRM
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit13:00 - 13:30 Integrating Mobile Into Your Marketing Campaigns Simon Dupuy - Head of Online Marketing Expedia
• Understanding how you can influence consumers based on location
• Determining how to measure your marketing spend in the mobile environment to be confident it delivers the ROI you require for your investment
• Moving customers from researching on their mobile to acquiring on your site
o How do you measure that and re-engage that audience? How will people measure in the future?
Simon DupuyHead of Online Marketing
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit14:30 - 15:00 Mobile Strategy Panel: Determining How Many Devices You Should Support, The Demographics of Each Ecosystem & How to More Effectively Target Those Consumers Steve Wind-Mozley - SVP eCommerce BBC Worldwide Rajeev Aikkara - Portfolio Manager - Channel ASOS
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit14:30 - 15:00 Understanding How Legacy Systems And IT Infrastructure Can Communicate Effectively Together With Emerging Channels To Gain A 360 Degree View Of The Customer Alex Chruszcz - Head of Insight and Pricing Asda
o Do you use transactional data and analysis from that to drive online tooling?
o Would you use back office system like SAP, Cognus to hold CRM?• Determining how to create better automation by connecting data to front end systems
• Omni-channel customers are worth twice as much as single channel :
o How do you migrate more single to multi-channel?• If you know someone who is multi-channel, you know they are going to shop in-store too:
o How do you more effectively target them?
Alex ChruszczHead of Insight and Pricing
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit14:30 - 15:00 Breaking Down Social Media Marketing To Determine Click Through Rates, Engagement Of Consumers & ROI From This Channel Shivani Tejuja - Digital Operating Adviser Apax Partners
• Getting to grips with what is the right level of engagement
o What do people want? Anonymous reviews? Recommendations from friends? Data from crowd?• Discovering what the right level of content is to persuade users to achieve their goal
• Demystify all the hype around social media - is it the ultimate channel or just part of a rich mixture?
Shivani TejujaDigital Operating Adviser
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit15:00 - 15:30 Customer Success: Implementing Mobile Analytics at TUI Adrian Maguire - General Manager, Web Analytics TUI Tim Benhart - Director of Implementation Services Ensighten
Adrian MaguireGeneral Manager, Web Analytics
Tim BenhartDirector of Implementation Services
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit15:00 - 15:30 AdRoll's Brian Brady, Head of Account Management EMEA presents on: "Turning Browsers into Buyers" Brian Brady - Head of EMEA Account Management AdRoll
Brian BradyHead of EMEA Account Management
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit15:00 - 15:30 How to Drive Ecommerce Sales with Effective Content Marketing David Bowen - Product Manager, eCommerce Episerver
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit15:30 - 16:00 Outsiders Have Great Ideas Too! Embracing Open Innovation Nick Lansley - Head of Open Innovation Tesco
• Creating centres of innovation excellence in research, development, open innovation, design and culture
• Tapping into the culture of innovation of colleagues through events such as 'hackathons'
• Tapping into the pool of wisdom in the start-up & SME community - and using our scale for good to help us succeed together
• Filtering the best ideas by asking the simple question, “How does this idea benefit our customers or colleagues?”
Nick LansleyHead of Open Innovation
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit15:30 - 16:00 Utilizing WiFi & Location Data to Drive Future Online Purchase or Footfall Simon Chatfield - Head of eBusiness & CRM Heathrow
Covering five square miles and processing nearly 200,000 passengers each day (over 70 million per year) Heathrow is one of the world’s busiest airports . With over 200 different outlets, Heathrow is also home to some of the world’s most successful retail space with annual net sales of over £1.7 billion. Learn how Heathrow is using its new passenger WiFi and digital mapping services in combination with traditional CRM practices to protect and drive these commercial returns.
• How is Heathrow ‘making every journey better’?
• Can improved passenger experience translate into commercial return?
• What value in WiFi and location services?
• What learnings from Heathrow’s experience?
Simon ChatfieldHead of eBusiness & CRM
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit15:30 - 16:00 Focusing On Your Content Marketing Strategy To Increase Natural Rankings Matthew Ridout - Head Of Seo Farfetch
· Learn how to best align your content with short and long
· term marketing objectives
· Hunt and source content with an editorial plan and employee activation
· Understand the opportunities that come with creating content within content
· Create a finely tuned and targeted distribution plan
Matthew RidoutHead Of Seo
Track B: Customer Data & Insights Summit16:00 - 16:10 What's the best customer journey for an introvert? Edward Weatherall - Client Director of Consumer Analytics VisualDNA
Edward WeatherallClient Director of Consumer Analytics
Track C: Digital Marketing 2.0 Summit16:00 - 16:10 Innovation Spotlight
16:10 - 16:40 Afternoon Networking Break In The Benjamin Britten Lounge
Track A: Mobile & Tablet Summit16:40 - 17:10 Using New Technologies to Attract Customers Gina Deeble - Director of Multi-channel Planning & Commerce QVC
• What can you learn from QVC’s omnichannel experience?
• How to truly engage customers in the digital world, even more than in a store
• With all the hype – are customers really using TV apps and what opportunities does Smart TV offer?
• TV is still the best marketing tool available, what makes QVC diff erent?